Breast Cancer Community
discoloration of the nipples

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

discoloration of the nipples

I have noticed in the past few days that my left nipple has been a real dark almost black color and then it fades away...I only notice this when I am in the shower... is there anything to this discoloration, I know that I am not pregnant and so it just has me thinking should I be concerned and contact my family doctor...
1 Comment
I'm not sure what might be causing this discoloration ... without any other symptoms I would wonder if it might have something to do with circulation andthe change in temperature due to showering. If this is the only time you notice the problem I don't think I would be overly concerned but it wouldn't hurt to  ck. with your Dr. about it.   Regards ....