Breast Cancer Community
does fibroadenomatoid hyperplasia needs a surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

hello, im 26 yrs old and im a mother of two kids elder one is 5yrs and younger is 4 yrs old.two months b4 i had a seviere pain and dischrge in my nipple and went to a breat doctor and advised to take a ultrasound and it was done further the report shows dilated lactiferous ducts in the left breast and bilateral fibrocystic so the doctor suggest me to go for a surgery.but i went for a second opnion to another doctor and he advised me to do a core biopsy and result was fibroadenomatoid hyperplasia and no need for a surgery this was b4 5 weeks but the pain remains der for me  and the discharge also remains i dont know wat to do i need to go fpr a surgery or not. plz give me right sugesion.  
thank you.
Most fibroadenomas are the simple type that do not raise your risk for breast cancer.However some Fibroadenomas  may contain different kinds of hyperplasia. When atypical hyperplasia occurs, it just raises your risk of developing breast cancer in the future.
Surgical removal of a fibroadenoma, can be done if it enlarges too much, causes nipple discharge, pain or if you're worried about keeping it in your breast,particularly if it contains "Atypical hyperplesia".
Since you have two different recommendations on how to proceed,it wouldn't hurt to seek a third opinion from a Breast specialist,to review all of your medical reports and test results,so you can be better informed and decide whether to remove the lump or just have it monitored.
Best wishes
thank you for ur sugestion.... if the lump has been there would not be any problem? and wat r all consequences would happen after the surgery. my doctor said that 20% of the breast size would be lost after the surgery is it so? plz let me know the consequences after the surgery...
You are welcome,
I really cannot say whether to remove the lump in your breast or not.This should be decided by you and your treating doctors.I know it's difficult to make a decision,but as I mentioned in my previous post, it is best to seek a third opinion so you can be sure on how to proceed.
Usually, there are few noticeable changes to the breast after a breast lump removal, unless the lump is very large.If it is,and you and your doctor decide to remove it,talk to your Breast Surgeon who would be the best source of information and  advice, concerning the cosmetic aspect of your breast.
Take care..
thank you so much...