double mastectomy followed with a tram flap
over 15 yrs ago I had a double mastectomy followed by a tram flap, they used a mesh to keep my core strong, now I have a herniated belly button, it oozes out fluid, scabs up, then falls off, then it starts all over again, my stomach hurts constantly, when I go to even use my muscles to pull myself up out of bed my stomach spasms, it hurts on a daily basis, one side of my stomach is lopsided, like its sticking out, my stomach used to be flat, now its rounded, hard and distended, my doctor says I have a hernia that needs to be fixed, I am concerned about the mesh they used because of the recalls on mesh. what happens to the mesh, they are being recalled, what are the symptoms? I am a bit freaked out, please respond.my email address is ***@**** and my number is 916-289-2093
I suggest that you follow your Dr.s advice and make an appointment with a Surgeon to discuss the hernia repair. I'm sure he/she will be able to answer all your concerns regarding the mesh used in your previous surgery. You might also express your concerns in either the Expert Forum (Surgery) or the Community (General Surgery) and get some answers there. Regards ....
I'd just like to mention that it is really not a good idea to post your telephone number in an open forum that can be read by anyone using the Internet!

Please consider contacting Medhelp to get your # removed from your post.

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly