dull ache
for about 2 weeks now I have had a dull ache i my right side just below my armpit, sometimes it stretches behind my right breast and also into my right shoulder blade, I am a 56 year old woman who went through the menopause some years ago
I doubt that this would have anything to do with Breast Cancer .... I'm sure that you have yearly Mammograms (because of your age) and also see your Dr. at least once a year as well. If this discomfort continues or worries you I suggest that you make an appointment with your Dr. for a complete work=up, exam and possibly any testing that he/she may feel is appropriate. You don't mention any other symptoms such as a lump in your breast felt on your monthly self examinations so I assume that there are none. Menopause wouldn't be a factor either.  Regards .....