effect of breastfeeding with firoadenomas
hi,
   This is tamilselvi. I have just delivered my baby. she is 45 days old. During my antenatal check up my obstetrician told that i have single fibroadenoma in my right breast and she told to come after delivery and also to continue the feeding after delivery. Now i have not gone for consultation.But i am feeding my baby in the breast which has the fibroadenoma. I have not undergone any biopsy. With physical examination my obstetrician told that i has fibroadenoma. Is it safe ti feed my baby. Please help me . I am in a great confusion
First,I would like to congratulate you on the birth of your baby! :)
If the lump in your breast is truly a fibroadenoma,then there is absolutely no harm to you or your baby to continue breast feeding.
The only thing that concerns me is that you did not see your doctor post partum for a follow-up.
Most likely it is a fibroadenoma,but a lump in the breast is always concerning whether it's a cysts (fluid filled sac) or a Fibroadenoma..Examining a breast lump by palpation alone is not enough and it should be evaluated either by a mammogram or Ultrasound to confirm that the lesion is harmless or biopsied if it appears suspicious to the radiologist.
I would advise you to consult your doctor to see what steps should be taken to make sure it's a fibroadenoma.If tests confirm that it is, then you have nothing to worry about ,because these kind of lumps are benign and do not turn into cancer.
All the best to you and your beautiful new born baby...