elevated CEA
10 yrs. ago I had anal cancer and chemo and radiation combined got rid of it..then 9 yrs. ago I had breast cancer, a lumpectomy (no noids).  At the beginning of all this my CEA was normal.  After and for the past few years it fluctuates like from 3.6 to 3.9 to 4.2 to 3.8, once it was 5 a few years ago and 6 mos ago it was 3.9.  Pet scan is clear.  I just found out I have gastritis.  About one a month I get nausea, vomiting and diarrhea... and now going to try nexium.   Question...could gastritis cause elevated CEA...Most of the time when I had my blood work checked I had been sick a day or to before with my recurring stomach flu like symptons.   Thanks.
So many things can influence the readings and the values you mention are certainly nothing to be concerned about. Often even certain drugs can cause a variation in values. I'm a bit surprised that you are still having the blood work and scans after this length of time. If you are concerned about the values you should discuss it with your Oncologist or whomever is treating you for the Gastritis.  Regards ....