Breast Cancer Community
enlarged lymph node/right breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

enlarged lymph node/right breast

I went for my yearly mammogram last Mon, on Tues the radioloigst called me back in for another mammogram & ultrasound on my right breast. I was told it was and enlarged lymph node in my right breast on the left side and to follow up with another mammogram in 6 months. I go to my gyno today and will ask a whole lot more questions. No history of breast cancer none in my family that I no of, but my mother & sister passed away with the same kind of lung cancer from smoking. I am a smoker.

ok, well I went to my gyno and she suggested a surgical opinon without me haveing to inquire, so I am set up with an appointment. Here is the findings from my mammogram & ultrasound, Follow up concering finding seen in the upper right breast, best on the MLO view. This finding does persist on the MLO view. The margins are somewhat irregular and size is 4 mm. There is and adjacent 2 mm nodule. On the original mammogram, this was felt to be in the outer aspect of the right breast on the CC view but spot compression views do not confirm this. Nonetheless, since the finding persists on one view this requires further evaulation. Recommendation, right breast ultrsound.

Ultrasound

Mammography showed a 4-mm nodule in th uper breast that was only localized on the MLO view. The ultrasound shows a benign-appearing 8 mm lymph node in the 2o'clock position of the right breast. Otherwise unremarkable.    

I am at this point really scared could this be breast cancer?
1 Comment
Answered previously ......