Breast Cancer Community
exercise with a leaking seroma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

exercise with a leaking seroma

i have a seroma, 9 months post my lumpectomy.  it has been leaking but leakage has increased as i tried to improve the mobility of my shoulder.  i have a frozen shoulder.  has anyone had problems like this?  if so, is it ok to do light and gentle shoulder stretching if my seroma is leaking a little bit more since i started this?

This discussion is related to how to treat a seroma.
Tags: seroma
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
I would suggest that you take this question to both your Surgeon and a Physical Therapist .... in a case of any complication we should always consult the Professionals who are involved in our care rather than strike out on our own when it comes to exercise, etc. You mention that your seroma is "leaking" ... does this mean that your incision is not healed or ??? ... I'm not quite clear as to where it is leaking.  Regards ...
Blank
thank you for your response.  my incision is healed.  i leak a bit from the nipple after exercise.  everyone says it's ok to do light exercise.   has anyone done light exercise in a case like mine?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank