eyelash regrowth
I finished 5 months of chemotherapy in March of 2008 for stage 2 breast cancer.  Four treatments of A/C therapy and then twelve treatments of Taxol with Herceptin.  I will continue herceptin until December of this year.  My eyebrows and eyelashes grew back in by May and were almost as thick as before.  But now all my eyelashes have fallen out again.  There is another short line of eyelashes growing back in but you can only see them with a magnifying mirror.  My question is this.  Will this always happen and does it mean anything medically?  I really miss having eyelashes but am very glad my eyebrows haven't  fallen out also.   I,m coming up on my 1 year anniversary of diagnosis, Aug 27, 2008.  I am 40 years old.  
Hi.  Your eyelashes will eventually grow back.  The hair loss is a side effect of the Taxol chemotherapy.  Usually, the initial batches of hair that grow back after treatment do not have strong roots and still easily fall off, but subsequent batches of regrowth should have stronger roots.  Eat well and take multivitamin supplements to help strengthen the hair follicles.