fibery tissue detected in mammogram
My wife had her annual mammogram.  She received a call informing us that her mammogram showed different from last year.  I believe they said the image showed "fibery" tissue.  What does this mean.  She is scheduled to see a specialist in a couple of weeks.
It may mean that she has dense breast tissue, also known as Fibrocystic Disease of the breasts. If this is, indeed, the case, there's no real cause for alarm. I have this condition. According to my family doctor, hereditary factors possibly play a role in developing fibrous breasts; he also stated that approximately 30% of the female population has some form of it. It is, however, a denseness (which feels like lumpiness) that can hide very small abnormalities and make the interpretation of a mammogram more difficult. Maybe, this is why your wife is being referred to a specialist.