fibroadenoma?
dear doctor, im 32 yr old. with 3yr old son. 6mnths ago i had a pain full small lump in my rt axilla. surgeon told its due to razer and deodorant. sweat gland inflammation. i got cured with antibiotic. recently it happened agin. afain i went to surgeon.{2nd opinion}  .he said the same and the swelling and pain gone with antibiotic.still i have some discomfort in the axilla and arm.
so i was scared .i  did a mammogram and u/s of breast. which shows.multiple solid low opaque well defined benign lesions on both breasts. radioilogist told me its fibroadenoma. no calcification, no skin thickening, no nipple retraction. i took a second opinion with the same report. that radiologist was also satisfied and she told me she will do another u/s after 6 months. no need for biopsy this time. i have no family h/o any cancer.
but im very scared of all these.depressed also. will you pls reply me  should i worry too much or not?thank you.
You need not worry. From what the radiologist have told you and from what history you are giving these appear as benign lesions, which are usually managed conservatively - that is with a non surgical approach and regular follow ups.
A fibroadenoma is a benign, non cancerous condition that usually causes lumpiness and tenderness in the breasts, which increases during the menstrual cycle. But this again is managed with regular clinical examinations and repeat USG when required, no surgery is required and these are not known to turn malignant.
You need to continue with your regular breast self exams, be careful while using a razor and try to maintain strict hygiene while shaving or waxing.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
thank you very much for your advice.
I have a question. i have fibroadenoma of size 2.3 cm. I have had core biopsy done . I was concerned since i am 34 year old. Should i go to breast surgon and get it removed. Will it create any problem with future pregnancy ?
What are the chances of fibroadenoma disappearing own its own ? I saw on some site that massaging with caster oil can help to reduce the size and dissipate.

I breastfed my daughter for 19 months..i stopped breastfeeding about a year ago.  Do you think this could have caused this .