fibroid adenoma?
I am a 52 year old woman just begining to skip periods here and there and having some menopausal symptoms. I had a core biopsy done on my left breast 6 months ago after a lesion was found on a mamo and subsequent sonogram. The tissue was aspirated and the results of the biopsy were "fibroid adenoma". I just had my 6 month follow up sonogram which showed no sign of the original adenoma, but did show 2 new lesions near each other in close proximity to the original one. The doctor suggested I either have them surgically removed (and of course biopsied), or have another core biopsy done. He didn't think it was a good idea to "wait & watch" since they had grown so quickly. I made an appointment in 4 weeks for a biopsy. Was that the right decision? What are the chances these are just more fibroid adenomas, having grown in just 6 months?  
I would say the chances are pretty good. Fibroadenomas can concinue to develop and as a rule surgical removal is recommended in women after the age of 40. I think you made the correct decision rather than just wait and watch.   Regards ....