Breast Cancer Community
fibroid cyst armpit?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

fibroid cyst armpit?

I've had lump under rt.armpit for around 6 months.. recently it has gotten bigger doesn't hurt to touch only now bigger rubbing on bra. went to dr.s said i have to go see plastic surgeon that it is a fibroid cyst? needs to be removed.. I am worried keep looking online says that they are attached to breast cancer is that true should i be worried. also get like shooting burning pain in armpit and rt. side of rt. breast. I am 36, but also feel tired all the time and have very sore bones like i'm 90 finally going to a specialist for that.. how do they remove them what do they do and what will they probally check... any info would be great like to prepare myself...
If this is truly a cyst then there would be no connection to Breast Cancer. There are Fibroadenomas (solid masses) and liquid filled sacs (cysts), both of which are benign findings. They are removed like any other tissue that required removal ... I would think a Plastic Surgeon was recommended to obtain a pleasing result when it comes to any scarring following the removal. I would think the discomfort you feel may well be due to some pressure on the nerves in that area.  Regards.....
thanks so much I'll keep you posted when more info...