Breast Cancer Expert Forum
flaky, brownish skin on areola (IBC?)

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

flaky, brownish skin on areola (IBC?)

After getting out of the shower the other day, I noticed what I thought was a dry patch on the upper left side of the aerola on my left breast (it is and has always been much larger than my right breast). Upon further inspection, I noticed that the little bumps that go around the areola were darker brown that the rest of the skin and were dry and flaky.

There are no sores, my breast is not leaking fluid, and my breast is not hot.

Just wondering if this could be a sign of IBC (Paget's)?  

I have an appointment to see my gynecologist in a couple of days, and I want to make sure I ask the right questions.
Dear Smurlene:  Paget