flat epithelial atypia
had stereotatic biopsy for cluster of microcalcifications. Biopsy was benign but focal mild flat epithelial atypia is seen. What does this mean? Should I have some sort of followup like excisional biopsy or mamo f/u or both?? Thanks.

How are you doing now? What has your breast specialist advised as the further plan of mangement in your case?

You could read up the following article by Scnitt about 'flat epithelial atypia'-

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=314429

Let us know if you have any other questions and also post us about what your doctor has advised.

Keep us psoted about how you are doing.

Regards.
I have a very similiar story, although I've had the excisional biopsy and am currently waiting for results.
I'm awaiting the excisional biopsy. I will go in next month. How much is typically removed (perimeter, entire area, etc)?

How long were you told you would have to wait for results?
In my case, they removed the hematoma left from the stereotactic biopsy, which wound up being about the size of a large gumball.

I was told my results would be in in about 4 days, but I got them at my post-op visit 8 days after the procedure.