Breast Cancer Community
flaxseed oil supplements
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

flaxseed oil supplements

Does anyone know if adding Flaxseed oil as a supplement is beneficial in the prevention of breast cancer.  The information that I have read has indicated some benefit.  I am also on Femara and wonder if there are any problems in taking both together.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
492898_tn?1222247198
This is a tricky question as you by asking  your question you will get an answer depending on where  or whom you ask.  There are 'yes', 'no', and 'neutral' websites; they will answer everyone the same.

I doubt that flax seed oil interferes with Femara and I know nothing as such is mentioned on the Manufacturer's website. (which means?)

I know flax seeds are supposed to be healthy, and adding them to yoghurt, etc, works like magic if you are constipated and do not want to use pills to help out.

But does flax seed oil prevent cancer? I doubt this forum is a place where people will either tell you it does, or be a should in your diet, or otherwise be avoided. (as none of us really knows, and most of anyone really would not know)

You may be told to discuss this with your doctor as only he/she knows best but I personally do not have that much confidence in my doctors, or let's say that 'kind' of confidence.

Best, Katrin
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...