found a 1.3 lymph node in axillary tail near chest wall of left breast
How concerned should I be about having breast cancer when I get told they found a 1.3 cm sized lymph node in my axillary tail near chest wall of my left breast during my recent mammogram?  First I was told my test was normal in the mail so I wasn't worried.  Then I got a letter with a different report and I was to call my doctor. So I call and get voice mail on a Friday. they do not call me before going home on friday and leave me hanging all weekend!!!! So I have got to only figure its not serious???  or is it?  I have no idea about these things. I have an anxiety disorder so of course I am worrying. So I thought I would ask here.  Should I worry about cancer?
very concerned  ,
connie

This discussion is related to Question on Lymph Nodes in the Breast.
The lymph nodes, which are located in different parts of the body including the neck and armpit, are a part of the lymphatic system. When a lymph node becomes swollen, it usually indicates infection.The normal size of a lymph node can range from a couple of millimeters to about a centimeter. When there is infection or inflammation somewhere in the body, a lymph node may enlarge,but it doesn't necessarily mean it's something bad.Most often a swollen lymph node indicates an infection and you might be prescribed an antibiotic.
Depending of course on what your doctor deems appropriate he/she may recommend to just monitor the lymph node growth every 3 or 6 months,or perhaps ordering more investigative test to rule out cancer.
I truly hope that there is nothing serious and and wish you all the best.
Take care...
Thanks so much for your information, it helped calm me down. I had an ultra sound today. I was told I had many lumps/lymphnodes oin my left armpit as well as the breast itself. It could be nothing and they might just want to monitor them.  I'll find out tommorrow when I call the doc about results. I am thinking its nothing serious.....just something to watch.
Thanks again!
Connie