Breast Cancer Community
frightened

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

frightened

I had a pain in my left breast for at least a few years now, everytime I go for my physical, my DR always feels the lump and I go for my mammogram. It's always come back fine, this last week i also went for my mammogram and immediately they took me for an ultrasound of the breast, there is a lump. Of what kind i don't know, but it is frightening. I'm scheduled to go to the Women's Breast Clinic for a biopsy.
My question is if i had a choice would i want my breast removed or go through the treatment. Or am I just thinking way too far ahead?

This discussion is related to Painful Lump In Left Breast.
Since in your last mammogram and ultrasound the lump was found to be somewhat suspicious to warrant a biopsy,then this is the only way to know for sure the nature of this lump.
Yes, you are thinking too far ahead right now.... You know that any solid lump detected has to be biopsied to make sure about what's going on.Many of these biopsies though return a benign finding.
Unfortunately no one can tell you for sure what this lump is...and I am afraid that you will have to wait until the report of your biopsy is in.The waiting is the worst for so many of us, but there is no way that we can shorten the time between the biopsy and the pathologist report.
Wishing you an uneventful biopsy and most of all a BENIGN finding....
The waiting stinks but it will be over soon.

Please let us know what the results are. Best wishes!