Breast Cancer Community
hard breast tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

hard breast tissue

I recently hard a large hard breast tissue removed from my left breast in Oct. Everything came out fine. But my concern now is that I have found another lump in my right breast. I would like to know if anyone knows the risk factor of this? I am concerned that these showing up more now that I am at a higher risk for getting breast cancer? I am 31 at the moment no history of breast cancer,which I know does not always mean anything,but I am afraid that my risk is getting higher or that I might have breast cancer. Does anyone know is I should be very concerned about this?
1 Comment
Well,every time we find a lump in our breast,it should concern us,even though the odds are that there is nothing serious there.
A high percentage of breast lumps are non-cancerous.They could be cysts or Fibroadenomas which are very more common in women in their twenties and thirties.These benign lumps,are not related to breast cancer in any way and are known to increase in size and tenderness in relation to the menstrual cycles due to hormonal changes.
The best advice I could give you is to see your doctor for a clinical breast exam so that this new lump can be evaluated.Benign lumps can recur,and the only risk we run, is if we don't have them investigated promptly.
Wishing you all the best ...