Breast Cancer Expert Forum
hard lump

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

hard lump
I went to the gyno yesterday for a routine exam. She said she felt a hard lump in my right breast, wasn't moving, at the site of where I had a stereotactic biopsy in November (the biopsy came back that it was a calcified fibroadenoma). They also inserted a clip at that time.  (I also had a fibroadenoma removed from this breast in 1998). I am very nervous now. Could she have been feeling the clip or scar tissue? I am going for 6 month follow up mammo on May 10 and I am crazy with worry now until then. Could it be another fibroadenoma?
Dear tanitha:  Without evaluation, it is impossible for us to speculate on what this lump might be.  It is possible that it is another fibroadenoma.  Did your gyno suggest what she felt it might be?  Was she concerned?  If not, then the mammogram may help to clear this up.  If you remain concerned, you might consider an appointment with a medical breast specialist who can further evaluate the lump.