Breast Cancer Community
hard sore lump in breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

hard sore lump in breast

im 22 years old, every woman in my family has had breast cancer, i also know that we have a history of fibros cysts and calcium deposits, im almost done with my period and i have a pea maybe grape size lump  thats sore in my left breast about 3 inches from the crease of my arm pit should i be concerned? should i see a doctor and what should i expect or the q's i should ask ? i just moved and haven't found a new doctor yet
You definitely need to consult a doctor and rule out a malignant lesion, if it is an infective lesion you will need a course of oral and topical antibiotics and it may require drainage if its a cystic swelling. What you need to understand is the strong family history of cancer and your age group put you in a high risk category group. You need to get regular screening mammograms done and need a detailed clinical evaluation by a physician every 6 months or so. Ask your doctor about what he thinks the lump could be, whether any investigations are required, when can you schedule your mammogram, do you need a USG and biopsy of the lump. Goodluck.
my lump has gotten smaller and its not sore at all any more. im having a hard time finding a clinic or getting health insurance any suggestions? even a free  clinic? im in mass near boston
Read your initial post and the subsequent post after 9 days.
In reference to your history, it seems to be an infective pathology. Other possibility could be in relation to hormone changes (fibroadenosis).
To be on safer side, it is better to have examination by your physician.

Sorry about the suggestion for a free clinic near Boston due to unfamiliar geography.

Best Wishes________