Breast Cancer Expert Forum
hetergenously dense and result
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hetergenously dense and result

I am a 31 year old wf and found a lump in my right breast around christmas. I had just weaned my son after 13 months of nursing. Last week I went for a mammogram and ultrasound. The lump I found is a simple cyst and I am going to be having it aspirated asap. The report from my mam/us states that I have heterogenously dense breast and bilateral powderlike calcifications in the right breast (the same with the lump) What does all this mean?? I understand the density can affect the sensitivity of the mam, but what is hetergenously dense??
My maternal grandmother developed breast cancer when she was younger than I am now. I know my findings last week were positive, but I can't help still being a bit nervous. I think it may be because I don't fully understand my results.
I want to say thanx in advance for any feedback and answers!