how soon can I go back to work after surgical biopsy
I am scheduled for a surgical biopsy on Dec 17th.  It's outpatient surgery and I think they are using IV sedation.

Can I go back to work the next day?  I'm self employed and really can't afford to miss a day of work.
Hi.

Open surgical biopsy would require stitches and a longer period of recovery than percutaneous breast biopsy techniques such as fine needle aspiration, core needle biopsy, or vacuum-assisted biopsy. One full day of recovery is usually required.

You should consult your surgeon for clearance to go ahead and work the next day.

Hope this helps.
You could explore the option of working from home. If not discuss the safest duation for you after which you could resume work. It is important for you to avoid heavy weights lifting, long hours desk jobs etc for a couple of weeks or more. Though you would be discharged on the same day, starting work would need your doctors approval.
Thanks for you help.

I'm a hairdresser and at this holiday time, I'm very busy with clients wanting to have nice hair for xmas.  The day after my surgery I'm scheduled for a half day at work, but I will ask the doctor if he thinks that is ok.

Thanks so much.
Hope the surgery goes well. Also take care and do not over exert immediately after the surgery. And do rest in between you give the hair cuts so as not to cause too much strain at the surgical site. A little pain is normal post surgery, but do ask your doctor for some pain relief medication. Have a nice christmas and new year! After all you are so committed to your work and to bringing smiles on christmas eve! Goodluck with the biopsy.