Breast Cancer Community
hrt and tamoxifen combined
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hrt and tamoxifen combined

I have been taking Tamoxifen for 6 months after a lumpectomy, Prior to this I was on HRT OWING TO EARLY MENOPAUSE. I DONT SUFFER FROM HOT FLASHES, HOWEVER I HAVE SEVERE MOOD SWINGS,along with depression. I am seriously considering going back on HRT,,,I want  my quality of life back! I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO IS TAKING hrt AND tAMOXIFEN.  
2 Comments
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
HRT should never be taken while on Tamoxifen.My advice to you would be to talk to your oncologist before taking any medication that could be contraindicated.
Please click on the link below.You have excellent information from wonderful women in this Community Forum.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/Tamoxifen-HRT/show/1109322

All the best...
Blank
962875_tn?1314213636
Hi,

HRT after meonpause is maily indicated for disruptive physical symptoms such as hot flashes.

Since you indicate this is not your problem, an antidepressant might be the best way to go to deal with your mood swings and depression. If a doctor other than your oncologist prescribes one for you, be sure to check it out with your oncologist, because some antidepressants can reduce the effectiveness of tamoxifen.

Best wishes.
bluebutterfly
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank