hrt and tamoxifen combined
I have been taking Tamoxifen for 6 months after a lumpectomy, Prior to this I was on HRT OWING TO EARLY MENOPAUSE. I DONT SUFFER FROM HOT FLASHES, HOWEVER I HAVE SEVERE MOOD SWINGS,along with depression. I am seriously considering going back on HRT,,,I want  my quality of life back! I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO IS TAKING hrt AND tAMOXIFEN.  
HRT should never be taken while on Tamoxifen.My advice to you would be to talk to your oncologist before taking any medication that could be contraindicated.
Please click on the link below.You have excellent information from wonderful women in this Community Forum.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/Tamoxifen-HRT/show/1109322

All the best...

HRT after meonpause is maily indicated for disruptive physical symptoms such as hot flashes.

Since you indicate this is not your problem, an antidepressant might be the best way to go to deal with your mood swings and depression. If a doctor other than your oncologist prescribes one for you, be sure to check it out with your oncologist, because some antidepressants can reduce the effectiveness of tamoxifen.

Best wishes.
bluebutterfly