Breast Cancer Community
hypoechic and isoechoic
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypoechic and isoechoic

Hello everyone, and Happy Easter. I have a question regarding hypechoic and isoechoic lesions seen on an ultrasound. Im aware that you will not know for sure that it is malignant or benign until a biopsy is performed. But I am interested if anyone can give me any info on personal experiences with the lesions. Thank you in advance.
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
On Ultrasound test,a Hyperechoic lump means that it's density is higher than a hypoechoic one, and isoechoic means that the tissue being examined is similar to the normal breast tissue.
The Ultrasound test,will be able to differentiate between a cysts (fluid filled sac) from a solid nodule.Breast cyst are usually benign in nature,while solid nodule could be benign or contain pre-cancerous or cancerous cells..The first thing the radiologist will do, is to look at the lump's contour of the mass margins,its shape and consider many other factors to determine if the mass is definitely benign,probably benign or suspicious,requiring a biopsy.
A Hypoechoic,or Isoechoic lump could be anything,depending on what the radiologist sees on Ultrasound images.These type of lesions,when investigated can yield different results from one person to another.It depends solely on the lump's characteristics.
Please remember that the vast majority of breast lumps are benign,so I hope it will be the same also for you.
Best wishes and happy Easter to you too :)  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank