Breast Cancer Community
hypoechoic lesion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypoechoic lesion

my ultrasound showed a small hypoechoic lesion with internal echogenicity. no suspicious enhancement on mri. but we did not know then that i was brca2+. I have heard they can appear benign but really be malignant. Plan to have pbm next month-does this change anything? I would really like to know now if it is benign, but just had biopsy on other breast and mast. as soon as can be done. for peace of mind, would like to know. Would mri be accurate for my case?
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi.  Since you plan to have bilateral mastectomy next month, having a biopsy of that hypoechoic lesion done now would be superfluous.  You can have your breasts examined thoroughly by the pathologist for any malignant lesions once they have been removed.  You always have a choice to have the biopsy done for your peace of mind, but it's not absolutely necessary.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank