hypoechoic lesions?
I picked up my ultrasound results today rather than waiting on my slow doc to call with results. I have at least 12 cyst in each breast and it says at the 1oclock positiion about 3 cm from nipple are adjacent 0.5 and 0.4 cm hypoechoic lesion with internal echos but no demonstrable vascularity. Also a similar appearing 0.4 cm hypoechoic lesion at 9 oclock 3 cm from nipple and a 0.5 cm retroareolar lesion. there are also several in the right breast and several hypoechoic nodules all measuring 0.5 cm or less in each breast. I was shocked when it read to come back in 6 months for another one and it read "probably benign". Does that sound resonable to everyone and should I get another opinion from a different Radiologist? I had a lesion that was being followed for about a year and half and I dont think they compared any films to see if it had changed. Confused and worried.
You stated first that these were cysts and if that is true then a 6 month follow-up seems reasonable. I'm not sure why there was no comparison to previous films unless you had this US at a different facility and did not mention that you had previous studies. I might add that this is a very good reason to get your results from your prescribing Physician so that you can receive a complete and detailed explanation of the report. I feel quite certain that if the Radiologist felt that a biopsy was necessary this would be a part of the report as a recommendation. I suggest that you discuss the report with your Dr. for any additional advice.   Regards ....