Breast Cancer Community
hypoechoic lesions?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypoechoic lesions?

I picked up my ultrasound results today rather than waiting on my slow doc to call with results. I have at least 12 cyst in each breast and it says at the 1oclock positiion about 3 cm from nipple are adjacent 0.5 and 0.4 cm hypoechoic lesion with internal echos but no demonstrable vascularity. Also a similar appearing 0.4 cm hypoechoic lesion at 9 oclock 3 cm from nipple and a 0.5 cm retroareolar lesion. there are also several in the right breast and several hypoechoic nodules all measuring 0.5 cm or less in each breast. I was shocked when it read to come back in 6 months for another one and it read "probably benign". Does that sound resonable to everyone and should I get another opinion from a different Radiologist? I had a lesion that was being followed for about a year and half and I dont think they compared any films to see if it had changed. Confused and worried.