im 18 yrs old. it is possible that i may have breast cancer?
i'm really scared to death. i;m really not conscious on how my breasts looks until i saw one post on facebook. it says there that the most common reason for developing breast cancer tumors is near the armpit. i is also said there that it is due to the use of ANTI-PERSPIRANT. these past few days i felt a lump on my underarm so i was really scared when i saw this post. so i checked it online, one of the signs of breast cancer is the swelling of lymph nodes in the underarms. not only that, some signs of breast cancer are crusting around the nipple and itchiness of the breast. and i checked on my breast again and i have these signs. i saw that there is crusting around my nipples and there is also a red spot on my my right breast. I AM REALLY SCARED! is it possible that i might have breast cancer even though im only 18 YEARS OLS? please help me

Yes, it is possible to have breast cancer at a young age (it has even occurred in a 2-yr-old) but it is very uncommon.

Still, it is important for anyone to see a physician for a clinical breast examination, and other tests if indicated, when changes are noticed in the breasts.

Lymph nodes can be enlarged for various reasons that have nothing to do with cancer, such as an infection somewhere in the body. Although it is unlikely you have breast cancer, the visit to your doctor could help diagnosis what is going on and what what treatment might be helpful.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you visit the American Cancer Society Website, and read an article which has comprehensive information about breast cancer (types, risk factors, etc.) It also specifically addresses the Internet, email, and now apparently Facebook, rumors about antiperspirants causing breast cancer, saying there is little evidence to support such rumors. and cites a large study that found no increase in breast cancer in women who use underarm antiperspirants and/or shave thier underarms. Here is a link to
that article:

http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003090-pdf.pdf

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly
p.s. MedHelp has information relevant to your question,  in the form of a slide show which "busts" 17 myths about breast cancer. Click on the link below to view it:

http://www.medhelp.org/cancer/slideshows/17-Deadly-Rumors-About-Breast-Cancer/52
A note about anti-perspirants. Some women can't use them and I am one of them. They caused red bumps that itched. I think my pores were clogged. I gave up using them.