Breast Cancer Community
inflammatory breast cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

inflammatory breast cancer

My mother passed away last October from Inflammatory Breast Cancer.  When it was first found the doctors thought it was a cyst.  They did a biopsy and found that it was cancer and a very rare kind.  My sister just turned 40 and I went with her for her mammogram and they found four cyst.  They followed up with an ultrasound.  I have worked in x-ray in the past.  I was with her and could see the cyst very clearly.  She went to a surgion today 9/16/10 and had all four aspirated.  Brown fluied came out of three of them but one of them was bloody.  The surgeon seemed to be concerned.  My question is; since my mother passed away from inflammatory breast cancer and her father passed away from colon cancer does that make her chances higher for breast and colon cancer?  Could this bloody cyst be imflammatory breast cancer also? Does a bloody cyst mean cancer?  I know after what I have read that it doesn't mean cancer in all cases but in MOST cases what does it mean?