intramammary lymp node
My mother recently had a mammogram done and it said that there may be a right intramammary lymph node close to the chest wall.  I have read that intramammary lymph nodes are common and normal, but is it serious when it is close to the chest wall?   What does this indicate?
You are correct; intramammary lymph nodes are usually not a matter for concern. We have so many lymph nodes throughout the body and they often do exist within the breast tissue. It would be more if it were said to be unusually enlarged or described as as "active" or "reactive" node than it's actual location.    Regards ....
Make sure the doctor knows and follw their advise. Some radiologists do not mention lumph nodes unless they are enlarged. Infection, not just cancer can cause enlarged nodes. After you get more information, let us know.