Breast Cancer Community
is there any medicine to remove the breast lump?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is there any medicine to remove the breast lump?

I am 31 yaers old. I found out that i have a lump on my left breast. I went to ther doctor, and he advised me to have an ultrasound. I immediately had the ultrasound, and the impression was either lipoma or small, focal abcess (abscess) formation.

The doctor said if i want it to remove by surgery but i refused, becasue of some issues i have already heard. There are cases sometimes wherein the condition was aggaravated once the patient undergo surgery.

My question now is, is there any medication to remove the lump in my breast? Is there a possibility to result to cancer?is this fatal already?

Pleasehelp me understand well this issue.

Thank you very much ..

rosana
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi,
Both a lipoma and a focal abscess are non malignant conditions and you need to stop worrying. You have been advised surgical excision for the removal of the lump , to prevent any superadded infection and for the pressure symptoms. You could discuss the role of antibiotics in your case if the surgeon thinks it is infected, but there are no medicines that can make the lump go away. The best option still is to go in for a surgical removal The procedure is very safe usually. I think that should help you relax a bit. Discuss with your surgeon in detail the entire procedure and that should put you more at ease and maybe you change your mind. Goodluck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank