Breast Cancer Expert Forum
itching

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

itching
i have severe itching in and around the nipple area under the skin for a few months no other symptons other than slight swelling 48/full hyst. at age 29 no hormone thearpy,had slight nerve damage 2 years ago when a small b/lesion was removed. any ideas? maamo was clear, done in dec./06 this is driving me crazy
Dear sheep:  Skin on the breast is like skin anywhere on the body and is subject to a variety of abnormalities.  Without examination, it is impossible to speculate on a possible cause.  You should see your doctor (or perhaps a dermatologist) for examination.

sorry i should have stressed it is NOT on the skin it comes from the inside underneath the skin, no rash no open skin no dry skin etc.
The nurse only responds once to a question.  You might see a dermatologist though, breast cancer does not always itch, hurt, etc.  I felt nothing with mine, just found it with a mammogram.