itchy nipple
My right nipple has been itching for the past couple of months.  I just had a mammogram in January and it was normal.  It is not sore, there is no rash or other symptoms - just itchy.  I have not changed soaps, lotions, or laundry soap/dryer sheets.  

This discussion is related to Itchy Nipples - Breast Cancer.

What is your age?

Have you noticed any abnormal features on breast self examination like skin changes, breast lump, nipple discharge , etc.

Apply calamine lotion to hep soothe the itching. You should wear lose clothes and take oral antihistamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

You need to consult your breast specialist to get a proper clinical evaluation and to get relevant investigations if required.

This could simply be skin lesions or some infective lesion or allergic reaction to some substance.

Let us know if you have any other doubts.

Regards.

YLC
I have had itching & rash half way around my right breast & today went my internist.  He has given me some salve & pills to see if this won't help, however, he suggested I have a mamogram & mentioned this could possibly be signs of breast cancer.  I had never heard of that before.  Will respond after I see my OBGYN.
I am 36 and have been experiencing similar symptoms for the past 4-5 months, itching on just one nipple. I spoke with a nurse at my doc's office and she prescribed dyflucan (sp?) an antibiotic for possible infection. I took the pill a few weeks ago and still have spriatic itching. There are no lumps, discolorations, etc... just the itching. I'm wondering if you've found anything out since seeing your OBGYN?
A related discussion, itchy breast was started.