knot under R breast
I am 24 year old female who has a grandmother who years ago had breast cancer.
For a few months now i have felt a knot under my r breast. I can move it around and it feels almost like a gland or something because its swollen. That breast is also a slight bit larger then my left breast. The knot is hard and it sometimes make that breast very sore. I have a gyno appointment in 3 weeks... is this something i should be extremely worried about?? can you sometimes have swollen glands in your breast like you get in your throat??? i had an ovarian cyst on my r side as well, and just recently one ruptured on that side.the ultra sound showed that my r sided ovary is enlraged possibly b/c of this also... could my glands in my breast or something be irritated on that side b/c of this also??
thanks so much!
heather
Check this out with your doctor.  Yes, there can be swelling due to infections, cysts, etc in the body.  There can also be swelling and soreness associated with the menstrual cycle.  I used to get "lumps" the week before my period began.  Most women have a difference in breast size.
If you are uncomfortable with what's going on with your body, you should have it checked out by your doctor.  I don't know about the ruptured ovarian cyst, ask your doctor if it could be related to the breast issue.