Breast Cancer Expert Forum
leaking nipples

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

leaking nipples
15
I have a 3 year old and beast feed her for 8 months i had tons of milk. yesterday i noticed my beasts were tender(usual for pms)i messaged them and noticed a milkly discarge from both beasts. only happens when i pinch nipples. is this normal?
Dear 15, Many women have some type of nipple discharge or fluid when their breasts are squeezed, and its normal. Squeezing the nipple sends message to the brain and the pituitary gland responds by increasing prolactin levels, which in turn produces discharge from the nipple.  The discharge can come in a variety of colors
Hi, I am 7 months postpartum and I have a milky bilateral discharge also..It is normal as long as it's not spontaneous, sticky and clear like an egg white or bloody..I am having a problem w/ the left breast because it has been spontaneous a few times..
A related discussion, clear to milky discharge/have had bc in other breast was started.