Breast Cancer Community
left shoulder, arm and breast pain-burning sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

I have had negative breast mammograms - but off and on have pain in left breast with burning, and in my left shoulder radiating down the outside of my arm.  It is difficult to lift my arm higher than my shoulder.  I do drink a lot of caffine, i.e., diet cokes between 4-6 cans a day.  

This discussion is related to Breast, underarm,  shoulder, and forearm pain.
PLEASE INSIST ON AN ULTRA SOUND F THE BREAST. I SUFFERED IDENTICALY THE SAME AS YOU MENTION..ALSO RELATED IT TO THE CAFFINE N BEGIN TO DECREASE ALL SUBSTNTIALLY...LAST YR I EVEN PAID TO HAVE A MAMMOGRAM A FEW MONTHS FOLLOWING THE ONE SCHD PER MY YEARLY N PAID BY THE INSURANCE...IT CAME BACK OK....NOW LESS THEN A YR LATER I FEEL A LMP ABOUT THE SIZE OF A PECAN...ITS BIOPOSIED AND IS A COLLOID BREAST CANCER--- MY CMPLAINTS ABOUT THE BURNING AND ARM, N LIFTING...ALL WERE CALLED NON SPECIFIC ESPECIALLY SNCE MAMMOGRAMS CAME BACK OK...SO PLEASE, PLEASE INSIST ON AN ULTRASOUND OF THE BREAST.
I will do that, I will ask for an Ultra sound, Thank you for the advice.  Because when I last saw my Doctor she just sat there and said I do not know, what is going on with you, got up And walked out leaving me sitting there.  I think PET SCAN, MRI. ULTRA SOUND, anything I thought do not give up on me, my pain is real, this pain is new to me.  I had my youngest brother ignore his pain, until it sent him to the Hospital, by then he was diagnosed with terminal Pancreatic Cancer, he was diagnosed in early Nov. passed away Dec.23, 2006, he had just turned 44yrs old.  If there is anything going on I want to catch it early, if you know what I mean.

Please note that the post you just responded to is from 3 years ago.

The advice is still good, but we would appreciate it if you would continue to post in the thread you started, so that all of your information will be in one place, and members of the forum will be better able to help you:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/burning-pain/show/1772064

Thanks and best wishes,
bluebutterfly