Breast Cancer Community
little lump ten days after reconstruction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Hello, I had my breast expander changed to the implant ten days ago.  Above the scar where they sewed me up, by about 1 cm there is a hard little lump, it is too far away in my mind to be a suture, but the doctor says that it is.  How can it be if it isnt part of the line, its feels like it is in the muscle beneath the skin, it feels quite firm and doesnt seem to move around.

If its a recurrence or new cancer, would it have shown up on the X Ray before the operation?

Has anyone else experienced this? and if so what was it?.

I will be back at the hospital on Monday to question it further, but am so anxious that any input would help.

Thank you.
Hazel
I doubt this could be anything except some result of your recent surgery; especially since it only appeared following the exchange. Not sure what type of film you had done but if it was a regular X-ray nothing like that would have shown up. It certainly sounds like a suture.   Regards ....
Your implant is under your pec, right? Of course there are inside stitches. Don't worry about it, this is quite normal.