Breast Cancer Community
lump and pain in nipple area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

lump and pain in nipple area

Today I felt a soreness in the left nipple area almost like a boil or a bad pimple. there is no discharge or head just a hard sore lump right under the nipple. It is about the size of a dime. my last period ended approx 5 days ago but I did not feel it then.
   Did you get any help? Am also facing a similar problem. Do let me know.
My nipple felt quite sore about an hour ago and i just checked it out and i have a lump.  I'm a bit freaked out actually.
I'm 17 years old and recently felt a lump on my left breast right in the nipple area as well. I originally felt it about 2 months ago when it was smaller. However, I felt it this morning and noticed it has become bigger and about 1 inch in size. I will be going to a doctor on Monday but should I be worried? Please help because I am worried. Thank you.
Why it seems that all of us felt it in the left nipple area? I first felt it last December 2007 and ignored it coz I thought that it was just a hormonal imbalance, then the lump disappeared 3 days before my period, I was only 18 that time. And now, I felt it again.. I am so worried about it. I haven't see the doctor. It doesn't get big. There's no discharge. But It's very itchy, and it's painful whenever i touch the bump in some part of it, unlike last December. What is happening? Help! Thanks.