Breast Cancer Community
lump at mastectomy scar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

lump at mastectomy scar

Diagnosed with breast cancer 5/06.I had a mastectomy 5/06, followed by chemo and have been on tamoxifen since finishing chemo.  Finished reconstructon (expander/impant) this past November.  A few weeks ago I found a hard, pea sized lump right below the mastectomy scar.  What are the chances of this being a recurrence or is it more likely just a lump of scar tissue.  If it is a mass, does the implant have to be removed to remove the lump?
1 Comment
You need to see either your Plastic Surgeon OR your Oncologist to investigate this lump that you have discovered. It will take some examination and other testing to determine the nature of the lump and that needs to be determined before you even think about the removal of the implant. I would see someone about it sooner rather than later.   Regards ....