Breast Cancer Community
lump in armpit, cysts in both breasts..help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Hi, m 26yr old. Since the last 4yrs, I have a small lump (maybe about 0.5cm) in my right armpit. My doc did a breast examination and an ultrasound reported multiple cysts in each of my breasts (1mm, 5mm, 4mm). He said a mammogram may not be necessary and gave me Vitamin E pills. I finished the 3 month course. This was 4yrs ago. I haven’t gone back to him. But still have the cysts in my breast and the lump under my arm. I cannot detect any growth in the past 4yrs, they remain of the same size. They donot move around too, fixed to the origin. Pls advice. Could this be cancerous?
I forgot to add this. I was detected with tuberculosis about 6yrs ago and finished my treatment successfully. It was after that that I had this lump in my right armpit. From the past 10 days, my right nipple seems to pain if I press it slightly. This is not the case with my left one. Looking for advice!
First I would suggest that if you are terribly concerned about this that you see your Physician again. Cysts are a benign condition and do not become cancerous. Breast cysts are not at all uncommon and are usually left alone unless they become very large or painful. These cysts are related to the hormone levels in your body. As well as the Vit. E, cutting back on Caffeine can also be of some help. Since you mention the additional symptom of the pain in your nipple I would suggest that you ck. with your Dr. so that another Ultrasound might be done to evaluate any growth of the cysts and also this new complaint.    Regards ....