lump in armpit
i have a small lump under my armpit its solid and doesnt hurt ive had it for over a week now but a bit scared to go to the doctors could this be cancer?
This could be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a boil.A swollen lymph node is usually caused by an infection somewhere in the body and it can stay swollen even after the infection is gone.A sebaceous cyst is usually painless but can become painful if infected..Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle and treatment will includes antibiotics.Try to apply warm compresses,but if in one week or so it doesn't get better,
I would suggest that you see your family doctor or a dermatologist to evaluate this lump because without examination by a professional it's very hard to give you a definite answer as to what this lumps could really be.
There is nothing to be scared to have your doctor examine this lump that is obviously worrying you.
Please make that phone call to schedule an appointment,the sooner you'll know,the sooner you'll have peace of mind.
Take care....
well i went doctors she didnt really say much just to try and not worry myself over it and she is sending me for blood tests alot of them and a mammogram................... how can i not panic i have no idea what to think if its nothing why do i need all these tests??
Hi again,
Your Doctor has sent you for a blood test and a mammogram not because something is wrong,but to find out IF something is wrong.
This is standard procedure and really ,like she said,you shouldn't worry so much about it.
Most lumps, in young women your age, are benign in nature.Like I said previously, very often lymph nodes can swell due to bacterial or viral infections and this is why you've been asked to have a full blood work.
We all panic when we don't know what's wrong with us and we often think about the worst case scenario.Fortunately this is not what usually happens.
Your Doctor is being vigilant and is taking good care of you...Just follow her recommendations and hopefully all will be just fine.
Sending you my best wishes... :)
thankyou ill keep you posted i have mammogram on thursday. i cant stop thinkin about it.ive also had black periods for 3 months now i think im falling apart!! ill update asap again thankyou for your advice very much appreciated ...x
well i went for my mammogram and got turned away at the breast clinic because im too young!!!! whiich really made me angry if the doctor believes i need a mammogram they should of give me one!!! im really starting to panic now its been 3 weeks now the lump is still there and i have to wait again to get another appoinment im not sleeping as it is!! i had a real good feel of the lump yesterday its very solid not round feels like it has a spike!!? which i thought was odd anyway ill let you know when i know.....x
Usually mammograms are not very effective when a person is very young,because breasts are very dense and it makes the reading of the films very difficult to interpret correctly.
You could ask your Doctor if she could order an Ultrasound or MRI instead of a Mammogram.These tests are very good especially the MRI because it can detect any abnormality through dense breasts.
Good luck,and I hope that soon your worries will be over. :)