Breast Cancer Community
lump in left breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

lump in left breast

i am 32 years of age.  i was breast feeding last year and a couple of months after i found a large lump in my left breast.

i went to see the doctor and one told me she thought it was a cyst that needed draining.  and to go back when i felt the lump again.

i contiously felt it so went to see another doctor whom told me it was my mammory gland that would go down on its own.

its now been months lafter and its still very large and shows no signs of going down.  it also itn't painful to touch
1 Comment

A breast lump is caused due to various causes - fibroadenoma, cyst, lipoma, lymph node being the most common causes.

You could be having either of these. In rare cases is the lump malignant or cancerous.

Have you noticed any abnormal features on breast self examination like skin changes or nipple discharge?

It is important to get a proper clinical evaluation got done once to have a confirmed diagnosis. You would need to get a mammogram and ultrasound done too.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.