Breast Cancer Community
lump under my armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

lump under my armpit

I have a lump under my armpit, i was told about 6 years ago in the er that it was a assist, and they wanted to cut it out in the er, well i wouldnt do it, because i was afraid, so for years it would come and go, but now its back, and its slightly bigger and sore, so could anyone tell me if assist can turn into cancer?

An underarm lump is usually an axillary lymph node and only a few cases is it a fluid filled structure or cyst.

What is your age? It could be that the cyst that was present 6 years back resolved on its own - and this could be either a cyst or a lymph node.

You would need to consult your doctor again , and also get an ultrasound and mammogram done to find out the lesion.

Till then you could try some warm compresses.

Let us know what your doctor advises and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
OK I WILL DO SO..IM 31 YEARS OLD, BUT IT JUST COMES AND GOES, AND THIS TIME IT WAS SORE, BUT I WILL MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, THANKS

If it comes and goes , then the chances are in favour of it being an enlarged lymph node secondary to shaving, waxing or using a deodorant.

You would still benefit from seeing your doctor for a clinical evaluation. Is this related to your menstrual cycle?

Post us about how you are doing.

Reagrds.
I HAVE A LUMP IN MY ARM PIT.  HAVE HAD IT FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS.  AT MY ANNUAL MAMMOGRAM, EXTRA FILMS ARE TAKEN.  I ALSO HAD A NEEDLE-GUIDED ULTRASOUND AND BIOPSY IN JUNE 2008. - PERFORMED BY A BREAST SURGEON HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.  I HAVE ALWAYS TOLD BY MY GYNO AND PRIMARY DR THAT THE LUMP IS EXTRA BREAST TISSUE, NOTHING TO BE CONCERNED WITH UNLESS IT IS BOTHERSOME TO ME LIKE WHEN IT RUBS AGAINST MY BRA WHEN IT IS LARGER DURING MY MONTHLY CYCLE.  THIS IS A LITTLE ANNOYANCE THAT I CAN LIVE WITH - I'D RATHER DO THIS THAN ELECTIVE SURGERY.  BUT SEE YOUR DOCTOR JUST TO MAKE SURE.  GOOD LUCK!!!!