Breast Cancer Community
lymph node biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

lymph node biopsy

I had a mamogram (mammogram) which showed a suspious area and then an ultrasound.  They are going to do a needle biopsy which they think is a lymph node in my breast. It was not there a year ago.  They said if it is cancer it could be coming from another part of the body. Can you give me more info as to why it would show up in the breast?
1 Comment
Intramammary lymph nodes are not an unusual finding and need not be cancerous. Cancer of any type can metastisize to lymph nodes in any part of the body. This is a  complicated drainage system with nodes throughout the body.   Regards.....