lymph node with breast implants
i have breast implants and recently noticed a change in them i had a ultra sound done  from what i have read that a u/s does not show if the implant has ruptured only a mri and even that is only 90% accurate it did show that the implant was out of pocket my concern is that they found a small ovoid hypoechoic nodile at 4 oclock in the left breast thought to represent a small intramammry lymph node in the same area of concern should i be worried
Hi there.

The problem with breasts that have implants is the difficulty in execution and interpretation of any new suspicious findings.  Ultrasound would indeed not show if the implants has ruptured though an MRI would be ideal.  This intramammary lymph node is even harder to evaluate in the background of breast implants.  This most likely represent a benign lesion though on the back of our minds, the consideration of cancer though unlikely should be present.  For this reason I would believe that this would need further tests probably first with the ideal imaging study such as the MRI.  From the MRI appearance of this lymph node alone, we may be able to tell if there is something suspicious about the lesion.

Regards.