Breast Cancer Community
lymphadenectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lymphadenectomy

I am 28 years old. Approx. 15 years ago I found a lump on my left armpit. It wasn't noticeable or bothersome for me until about a week before my menstrual period every month. During that time, the lump would get harder and the area would become very sensitive and uncomfortable and, at times, the lump would feel nearly rock hard. So, I had a lymphadenectomy - the results - benign. However, not only did the lump come back, but I developed one on my right underarm as well, maybe a few months, or a year later. Went to see a doctor at that time, who said it was most likely nothing to worry about (she didn't do any kind of testing though aside from feeling it...). I do remember the doctor telling me not to use deoderant, but can't recall what her reasoning was.
About a week ago (the week before my period), I noticed the area around the lumps became very sensitive and nearly rock hard again - I haven't had this issue in over 10 years, so, needless to say, I'm concerned. I haven't had any major health issues since my lymphadenectomy and I'm relatively healthy. However, I did start using deoderant again within the past month... sounds ridiculous, but maybe this has something to do with it?
Any thoughts before I go see a doctor would be greatly appreciated - I'm very concerned...