Breast Cancer Community
mamagram recall

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

mamagram recall

scared because i had a mamagram last thursday and just found a message on my machine that i need call dr they want to talk to me about it.

i had a bioposy 15 years ago and she didnt put a sticker on it like they normally do, could that have shown up and it be nothing ?
It could very well be a possibility,but you won't really know the reason why you have been called back till you get to see the doctor for clarification.
It could be that your last mammogram was not clear to the radiologist and you need further testing to achieve better imaging of a particular region of the breast.
Don't be scared...It's not at all unusual to be called back.In most cases it's really nothing to be worried about.
All the best and good luck!
thank you so much for your kind words. i will let you know when i find out . GOD BLESS YOU
No need to panic! As zouzi said, call backs are extremely common and most often end up being nothing to be concerned about. I've had more callbacks than I can count and I stay positive until the doctor tells me otherwise. Sometimes all that's needed is the additional views and sometimes a six month follow up is recommended. Even if a biopsy is needed, about 80% come back benign. So hang in there, get your exra views and take one step at a time.
I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best,
nc
thank you for yur kind words , i did go back and have more test done all was good , was so releifed and when she told me i cried lol, but could not help it. was a great day for me . hugs to all
Hi there!
There is nothing better than to hear these good news!
Tears of joy and relief are always welcome....
Congratulations!! I am really happy for you and I am sure that "ncmichigan" and other members reading your post, will feel exactly the same..
Wishing you health and a life free of worries! :)
Hugs and blessings to you too..
WONDERFUL news!!! Zouzi's right--- we're always happy when things turn out OK! We've all shed tears of joy and can understand completely.I'm
wishing you all the best in your future, too.
Hugs,
nc

I am a 31 yrs old and had my first baseline mammo done on monday 4/9/12. I got the call back today and i was sick!!!!! Mind you my mom died of breast cancer four years ago, thats why they are starting me early. Then when i turn 35 its  mammo once a year. Also my mom was the only one in our family with that. Anyway clld my GYN since the ppl from the breast center had no info for me. And the GYN  office told me that they found two nodules one in each breast. Mind you last week my GYN didnt feel anything during my clinical exam. So while im crying on the phone, the nurse kept reading the report and said, malignancy RULED OUT. I made sure I had her repeat that and she said it again, i felt better, but im still nervous about going in the morning. I guess they are giving me an ultrasound, to get the size and exact  location, who knows. from what I read, these are very common, esspecially around the time of your period and women my age,and my period is due right about now. Im hoping all goes well.....im so sad, i have kids and thats making me sadder...i will come back tomorrow with the final results ..... call backs are horrible, i cant bare this every year.....ugh
.

I know it's really hard, but try to stay calm and not stress out too much. Callbacks are really common---I've had more than I can count (of course,
I'm much older than you at 63) Most often they end up being nothing to worry about, but you really need to take one step at a time. I can understand your concern and I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom.
I am also very high risk, so I have mammo & MRI every six months. It is stessful, but since your doctor's office has reasssured you it's not malignant, you should feel better. It could very well be cysts, which you know are very common and are effected by hormones. Just hang in there and I'm hoping all goes well for you. As hard as the screenings can be, you
want to be there for your kids, so you'll need to have them as recommended. Good luck and I'm hoping you report good results,
Hugs,
nc

Hey, Im back!!!!! I went this morning had another mammo and a ultrasound. It was painfully stressful during my visit. I even broked down and started to cry. I was told that the edges are smooth and even and appear to be a cyst or adenoma and to come back in six months and follow up. But is NOT suspicious! I am gonna opt to have it removed and biopsied just to be safe. Thank you so much for your kind words.......keep in touch. I get emails alerting me of any notifications on here.