mammogram/sonogram concern

On Saturday I had a routine mammogram. I am 43. I have no history of breast cancer. I do take estrogen after a hysterectomy 2 years ago. This was my 3rd annual mammogram at the same hospital. I had the mammo and then the tech came in and asked to retake the left. She came in twice more for spot compressions on the left. Then she asked if I could stay for the radiologist to perform an ultrasound. I did. To my surprise the ultrasound was painful. The doctor finally showed me a spot that he was looking at in the fatty tissue. He said it was small about 1 1/2 centimeters. He felt after looking at the ultrasound that it was proabbly fluid filled and nothing to worry about. Probably internal bruising after bumping my breast? I sure don't remember doing that but I guess anything is possible. He said there was nothing there on any of the other films from the past 2 years. He said I should just come and be rescreened in 6 months.The thing that sort of bothers me is last year during my annual gyne exam my doctor spent a long time reexamining that breast because he thought he felt something but then decided it was ok. I don't feel anything. My husband thinks it is crazy to wait 6 months. My question is have you ever heard of this bruising, can you tell that on ultrasound, and should I be concerned/wait?

Thanks for your help.
Dear mrswillie:  Without reviewing your mammogram and ultrasound and doing a breast examination, it is impossible for us to speculate on what this is and what our recommendation would be.  Yes, it is possible to get a bruise but impossible for us to know if this is what this is.  If you are concerned, you could gather your films and get a second opinion at a different facility, possibly with a breast specialist.  These are often located at large academic medical centers.