Breast Cancer Community
mammogram vs ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

mammogram vs ultrasound

I recently found a lump in my right breast and went to the doctor to have it checked out. I was then sent to have a mammogram and schedule an ultrasound. my results for the mamogram (mammogram) came back clean but the ultrasoud came back with the finding of the lump which I already knew existed. I have breast implants and the radiology department didnt want to set up a biopsy due to the lump being right on top of my implant and the possibily of rupturing it, instead  they did mention referring me back t my MD for further. Should I be concerned? And is it common for a mammogram to come back clean but find something in an ultrasound due to having implants?