Breast Cancer Community
mamo questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

mamo questions

My report is it cancer?..There is a cluster of pleomorphic calcifications in zone 3 left upper quadrant, one at the 2 o'clock position.They have increased in size, number and density compared to prior studies, some of which are now linear. BI-RADS 4. The dr called me the next day and they have me set up for a biopsy. The testing center sent me a certified letter with my apt time etc..I am scared because when I just type the first sentence it comes up as cancer..can anyone ease my mind.I am getting to the point of lets get this over with so if it is bad lets get going.
In the meantime I am really stressed out!!

Hi again,
It's really hard to say if a single pattern of calcification that appears in a line, indicates DCIS or not.The fact that makes me think the odds could be in your favor is that your BIRADS score is 4, suggesting that what was seen on x-ray is only suspicious,but not highly suspicious,otherwise a BIRADS score 5 would have been assigned on your report.
Hang in there,try to stay calm and lets hope for the best...
Hi.
Clustered Pleomorphic calcifications are suspicious but it doesn't necessarily mean it's cancer.
BIRADS category 4,means that the findings on your mammogram are suspicious and that there is approximately a 23% to 34% chance that the findings could be malignant.We have had many posting from women who had a BIRADS score 4 assigned on their mammogram report and when a biopsy was performed the results were negative for cancer.
So please try not to worry before you have to and remember that even if your biopsy results are not what we hope for,the disease would be very early stage and highly curable.
Wishing you all the best and Benign findings.
So even when it is in a linear formation? I heard if it is in a line it is usually cancer. your thoughts?
Hi again,
Hi, thank you so much!!!..well I go the 26th..and that is almost here so I guess I will find out soon..